Friday, November 28, 2008

Hurry up and wait...

That seems to be the motto for the Army...which I already knew. I rejoined the Army National Guard in August, after laboring over the decision for nearly a year. My recruiter was pretty cool, but I did feel like I was hurried to get in and now I am having to deal with fixing issues that were not handled correctly when I enlisted.

1: I was promised, based on my college credit and time served that I would re-enter as an E-3, which is a private first class. When I left in 93 I was an E-5 SGT. I had only been that for a few months though before leaving. To be honest, I think that they only gave me that rank to encourage me to re-enlist. Well, since I re-entered I have been getting paid as an E-1 because somewhere or another my transcripts and other paperwork got ginked up somewhere.

2: I have been trying to create my AKO account, which is my military email, and pay information, and basically a portal to everything I would need to know in the Army to get benefits etc... BUT...what is called my Pay Grade Entry Date is all screwed up and I have been fighting to get that corrected.

SOOOOO...this Wed I drove to South Bend and spent about 2 hours and 30 minutes getting all that fixed. I turned in new copies of my transcripts...Found my pay grade entry date and hopefully everything is going to be fixed...

hopefully?

No comments: