Thursday, August 23, 2007

God's Warriors

I have been watching "God's Warriors" on CNN the past couple of nights, the last installment is tonight and I may post on it as well.

But a couple of observations, I think, are in order:

1: I am finally glad that some one is showing what kind of sinful, and polarizing effect oppression has on people. On the first night I was struck by what a radical direction the Jewish people would take against it's muslim neighbors after suffering years of isolation away from their homeland.
2: On the second night I was struck by how radical a direction the muslim peoples would take towards Israel because of the West Bank settlements.
3: There is a big difference between the Jews, who want to live beside their Arab neighbors in peace and live in what they believe is their "God-Given" homeland, and the muslim peoples who seemingly don't want to live at peace with anyone, but would rather see them not exist. Yes...that is harsh, and it is probably a minority opinion in the muslim world, BUT the minority of the muslim world seems to be the ones who are in power.

No comments: