Tuesday, November 18, 2008

current...

It's been a while, but here is some current news:

1: My life is still not near being together in any sense of the word. The past few months have been really hard. I thought that I was on a good trjectory, and then I kinda crumbled a bit after some MAJOR miscommunications happened in many areas of my life.

2: "We're in the Army Now!" Yup, I rejoined the army serving in the National Guard. Starting in May, unless something changes, I will be gone for just over a year for basic and my skill training. I have been to 4 drills so far, and it hasn't been too bad, but I still struggled with being physically and mentally prepared for all that is going to go on there every time I go down. I do fine, but I still get freaked out a bit because I don't perform like I think I should.

3: Trista and I have a new Church that we attend. After Kevin said "I'll call you man" and never did, I just lost all respect for his ability and calling as a leader in the Church. So we go to Lamb's Chapel now and it's pretty cool. I still struggle a bit with finding my place in Church though becuase it all seems to be so "flock" focused, and I have always felt like an outsider. Everything seems to always be geared to those who already speak the language and those of us who don't really get that language, well we get lost. That's not to say that I question peoples intentions, but when you have been either brought up in the Church, or been there for so long that you don't really have any "non"-Church type relationships, its really hard for you to wrap yourself around what is happening outside. It is just frustrating because, short of planting, I am not sure that I will ever really find my place in the Church...

No comments: